Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'll tell you what! I just can't seem to be very consistent with this!

So on with my story...
I ended up staying in the hospital for 6 weeks. My Dr. let me take a shower, siting down every other day and other than bathroom breaks I couldn't get out of bed. 
One day I was in bed (as usual) and I started to feel like I was getting a fever, achy all over. I called my nurse and a few hours later it ended up that I was in labor. That night I gave birth to my babies. Evie was 2 pounds 8 ounces. Lizzie was 2 pounds 6 ounces.  Three minutes apart. I wasn't able to touch them until later, they were so tiny. I was taken to the recovery room and they were taken to the NICU where they stayed for 58 days. It was a long 2 months! Finally we were able to be a family, all together without anyone else. Just us. It is so much work with two babies...they both want to eat at the same time and they want to be held at the same time... I wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING.

No comments: